YOGASPHERE WEEKLY TIMETABLE & TERM DATES*
All classes are at our AIR CONDITIONED yoga studio, 18 Melaleuca Drive, One Mile in Port Stephens.
Tel: 0415 538 589 email@example.com
BSB 012 767 Account: 2683 605 68 (please reference all payments)
(N A Shilling)
We are offering a four week Iyengar taster course, beginning September 6th. Scroll down to check out the dates and book in ASAP!
4.30pm-5.45pm -9-week beg/gen vinyasa-krama course with Nikki – book in only.
10.00-11.15 am Dry Yoga with Suzie Williams – casual $15, all welcome. Buy a casual class pass.
10.00-11.15 am Vinyasa-Krama with Nikki – casual $15, all welcome. Buy a casual class pass.
6.45pm-8.00pm 4-week Iyengar course with vim Lane – book in only. (6th – 27th September)
*6.45pm-8.00pm 8-week general vinyasa-krama course with Nikki – book in only (Begins 18th October, no class 6th Dec)
NB: Please be aware that a condition of booking in or attending these classes is making sure that you have read and understood all the information detailed here, including terms and conditions regarding make-up classes and class passes.
*Please note that I will be overseas from 5th September and courses for the third term this year will be a little shorter. However, please note we have a four-week Iyengar Yoga course being held for four weeks on Thursdays in September while I am away. All back to normal after the October school holidays.
Iyengar Taster Course beginning Thursday September 6th! (Please also note that Thursday morning casual class will also be an Iyengar class for four weeks beginning also on September 6th). Book in NOW for the evening session – no need to book for any casual session.
**Four Week Iyengar Yoga Course with Experienced Iyengar Teacher Vim Lane
Thursday 6.45-8.00pm – IYENGAR TASTER*, 6 Sept -27th book
About Iyengar yoga: A classical style of yoga that uses precise techniques & instructions to correct anatomical & physiological alignment and to connect the body, mind & breath. Props may be used to bring a deeper understanding to the poses.
“Following a teaching career, I settled in Australia to take up yoga, an interest I have pursued since my days at university. As a certified Iyengar yoga teacher, I have practised and studied yoga for over 20 years and conduct my classes in the traditional Iyengar method. The focus in my personal practice and teaching is on developing inner and outer strength by exploring the calmness and clarity that comes with working the body, mind and breath”
Spring Yoga – 8/9wk Vinyasa-Krama Courses, Term 3, 2018 (*please note, no class on Thursday 6th December)
Monday 6.30-7.45pm – beg/gen, 15th Oct – 10th Dec book
Tuesday 4.30-5.45pm – beg/gen, 16th Oct – 11th Dec Aug book
Thursday 6.45-8.00pm – gen/int*, 18th Oct – 13th Dec* book (*eight weeks only – no class on Thursday 6th December)
Attending a course is a perfect way to learn and understand a bit more about yoga and to instill a bit of discipline by committing to a regular practice. With consistent effort, we become more adept and you will be surprised at how quickly your strength, flexibility, coordination and range of movement increases. For a beginner, by about week 4, you will notice that things are starting to feel really good! You will be sleeping better, feeling less stressed and more relaxed. Course price is low – to encourage you to come. I guarantee you will see and feel a difference in yourself after approximately four weeks of regular attendance.
Please know I am PASSIONATE about the benefits of this style of yoga and totally understand that signing up for 10 weeks can feel like a big decision! Therefore, I will happily REFUND your money if, once the course finishes, following 10 weeks of regular attendance, you truly feel as if there is nothing positive to report.
*NB: Important: A condition of booking in or attending these classes is making sure that you have read and understood all the information detailed here. This includes the style of class and suitability as well as terms and conditions regarding make-up classes and class passes.
Important information for attendees:
- Please be aware that the timetable shows our normal term-time scheduled classes. However, during school holidays, classes may not run to this schedule. During schoolies, our regular classes will not show up on the daily calendar. Please contact us or check the updated weekly schedule on the website to see what events/classes are running.
- In a general class situation, individual attention for specific needs is not always possible, therefore attendees need to be in good physical health and able to get up and down off the floor without issue.
- There is no need to book for casual sessions – just turn up (it will be assumed you have read and understood the class descriptions and info on this website).
- Five-class passes can be purchased on-line or you can pay with cash or card in class. Passes can be used for any of the casual classes listed here (please scroll down and make sure you understand the Terms and Conditions prior to purchase).
- A single casual class is $15 (or $13 for those booked in to courses).
- All afternoon/evening course blocks need to be booked into prior to the session starting. Simply click on the button that offers the book-in option for a course to find out what is available and if there is still room*
- Classes always begin on time. Always. Please arrive 5-10 minutes prior – particularly if you are a new student – in order to set up, relax and/or talk to the teacher if you need to. To participate in a group class, students need to be feeling well and in good physical health. If you are not sure, please call to discuss before attending.
TERMS & CONDITIONS / CLASS STYLE INFORMATION
- Five-Class Casual Passes can be purchased for $65 – cash, card or online for use at drop-in classes only:
- You have eight weeks to use your five-class pass from the time you first use it (unless something unforeseen happens such as illness or injury or there is a school holiday break). You have 16 weeks to use a 10-class pass.
- You have four months (16 weeks) to begin to use your pass from the moment you purchase it. It expires after this time.
- Passes are not refundable once they have been purchased. They are also not transferable once they have been used (but you are welcome to buy one as a gift for someone).
- Please purchase your pass prior to beginning your five classes. They are not retrospective for obvious reasons – credit usually costs extra!
- If you do not want to buy a pass, please turn up with enough cash to pay for the class or a credit/cash card.
Make-up classes/refunds for pre-booked courses
- Make-up classes can be arranged in 99.9% of cases provided 24 hours notice has been given regarding a missed class, however, they are at the discretion of the teacher – not obligatory.
- It may not be possible to find a make-up option that suits but all classes/courses have been discounted in return for your commitment.
- Cost is for the whole “item” and not an amount to be divided between the amount of classes in a session.
- Any available make-up classes need to be done more or less within the time frame of that particular course session and no more than two per person per session unless there are specific circumstances.
- Unless there are other specific, unforeseen circumstances such as serious illness or a serious injury that prevents mobility for a very long time, payment for courses is not refundable once a course begins. You can arrange for someone to take your place (from week one only) or it may be that you will need to postpone until your health returns.
- Regular, on-going students who know they will only make three or so classes in a session are welcome to discuss with me rather than opting to miss the entire session.
- It is really important that you understand the nature of the class style before turning up. You must be able to get up and down off the floor reasonably quickly, as well as being able to do things like get in and out of bed and walk up and down stairs with ease.
- These classes are group sessions. They are not remedial and you are unlikely to receive special attention. Therapeutic sessions are only available one-on-one.
- If you have not thought about your body for a while, you may find it takes a few weeks for the mind/body connection (somatic awareness) to kick back in. You might find it difficult at first to interpret the verbal and visual instructions. Be patient and careful, but please do not give up. This is a valuable part of the practice that will serve you health-wise. Body/mind awareness offers you immense tools for understanding, self-healing and avoiding non-serious ailments.
- Similarly, if you want to learn and practise things that are not relevant, suitable or safe for the majority of attendees – such as headstands, handstands, backflips and other acrobatics – then either arrange for a private session, go elsewhere or stay at home if you cannot follow the class as it is.
- Unfortunately, in very rare cases, people may be asked not to return if they:
- Consistently emit a strong odour;
- Continually chat or commentate through every class, check their phone, leave it on;
- Take dangerous risks that may eventuate in them hurting themselves or others;
- Find it difficult to be respectful; for example, turning up week after week without having paid.
YogaSphere group vinyasa-krama classes are suitable for most people with a reasonable level of fitness and range of movement. If you are not so fit and haven’t stretched for a while, please leave your ego at the door and come into class with an open mind, an open heart, patience and a willingness to be kind to yourself and your body! In these classes, we always start with an easier variation of a pose and sometimes optional “add-ons” are offered. Because every “body” is unique, some people may find that they need to modify some exercises and/or stick to the easier variations. It is extremely important that you always take responsibility for your own body. Competitiveness, pride and/or worrying about what others are doing means it can be hard to stay focussed on you! It is also important to note that these are group rather than remedial classes and therefore not suitable for people with serious injuries or health conditions.