WE ARE COVID SAFE & OFFERING
FACE to FACE CLASSES
as well as ONLINE OPTIONS!
(scroll down for Term 4 course dates)
DIRECT DEBIT: BSB 012 767 Account: 2683 605 68
(N A Shilling)
Hooray for Spring!
Health enthusiasts, as I sit here now and edit this website with Term 4 course dates, I am reflecting on what a strange year it has been! I sincerely hope you and your family are plodding along as best you can.
We cautiously resumed face-to-face classes this term (with Covid protocols and plenty of space between attendees) and waited with baited breath to see if we might to have to cancel. It didn’t happen and I am quietly optimistic that provided everyone does the right thing, Term 4 should proceed from beginning to end also without issue.
It’s hard to believe we are only a few months from Christmas (I think I say that every year mind you…!) This is always the shortest Yoga term because we finish up in plenty of time for all those Christmassy things (Gosh, I am now wondering what that actually means this year….?)
All that said, please do know that I will happily refund, defer your payment or offer you an online alternative (this will be your choice) in the unlikely (praise be) event that things get serious Covid-wise in NSW again.
Term Four 2020, Spring Yoga – 8-9-wk Vinyasa-Krama Classes & Courses.
We KNOW and UNDERSTAND what we do and why it is we do it! Consistency is the key.
Monday, 9.30-10.45am – beg/gen, 12 Oct-7 Dec CASUAL, DROP IN
Monday, 6.30-7.45pm – beg/gen COURSE, 12 Oct-7 Dec – book
Tuesday 9.45-11.00am – gen ONLINE LIVE/REC, 13 Oct-8 Dec – book *
Tuesday 4.30-5.45pm – beg/gen COURSE, 13 Oct-8 Dec – book
Thursday 10.00-11.15am – beg/gen 15 Oct-10 Dec CASUAL, DROP IN
Thursday 6.30-7.45pm – gen COURSE 15 Oct-10 Dec – book
- The online class will be recorded live Tuesday mornings at 9.45am.
- “Attendees” can practise the class live or watch the recording which will be available until the following Monday evening.
- On-line only is $90 for Term 4.
- The online class can be done casually as a one-off for the price of a normal casual class. Contact me and I will send you the link.
- Anyone who books in to two or more Face to Face Yoga courses will have access to the online recording for a one-off extra fee of $25 for Term 4.
Important information for attendees:
- Please be aware that the timetable shows our normal term-time scheduled classes. However, during school holidays, classes may not run to this schedule. During schoolies, our regular classes will not show up on the daily calendar. Please contact us or check the updated weekly schedule on the website to see what events/classes are running.
- Classes always begin on time. Always. Please arrive 5-10 minutes prior – particularly if you are a new student – in order to set up, relax and/or talk to the teacher if you need to. To participate in a group class, students need to be feeling well and in good physical health. If you are not sure, please call to discuss before attending.
- It is really important that you read the class style before turning up. You must be able to get up and down off the floor without issue and get in and out of bed and walk up and down stairs with ease.
- These classes are group sessions. They are GENERAL and of course offer SOME therapeutic benefits for MOST people. However, in a class you are unlikely to receive personal attention. Yoga therapy sessions for specific needs are only available one-on-one.
- If you have not thought about your body for a while, you may find it takes a few weeks for the mind/body connection (somatic awareness) to kick back in. You might find it difficult at first to interpret the verbal and visual instructions. Be patient and careful, but please do not give up. This is a valuable part of the practice that will serve you health-wise. Body/mind (somatic) awareness offers you immense tools for understanding, self-healing and avoiding non-serious ailments.
Please read our Terms & Conditions Prior to Booking in.
YogaSphere group vinyasa-krama classes are suitable for most people with a reasonable level of fitness and range of movement. If you are not so fit and haven’t stretched for a while, please leave your ego at the door and come into class with an open mind, an open heart, patience and a willingness to be kind to yourself and your body! In these classes, we always start with an easier variation of a pose and sometimes optional “add-ons” are offered. Because every “body” is unique, some people may find that they need to modify some exercises and/or stick to the easier variations. It is extremely important that you always take responsibility for your own body. Competitiveness, pride and/or worrying about what others are doing means it can be hard to stay focussed on you! It is also important to note that these are group rather than remedial classes and therefore not suitable for people with serious injuries or health conditions.