Terms & Conditions
- One, Five or 10-Class Casual Passes can be purchased for $20/$85/$170 - cash, card or on-line for use at drop-in classes only.
- There is no need to book for casual sessions - just turn up (it will be assumed you have read and understood the class descriptions and info on this website).
- A single casual class is $20 (or $17 for those booked in to courses).
- You have six weeks to use your five-class pass from the time you first use it (unless something unforeseen happens such as illness or injury or there is a school holiday break). You have 10 weeks to use a 10-class pass.
- From January 2021, there will be NO exceptions - unless there are unprecedented and/or unmitigated circumstances, for example, injury, illness or Covid! I am however, happy to send an online link for a general YouTube Yoga class by me that you can have for a week.
- Passes are not refundable once they have been purchased. They are also not transferable once they have been used (but you are welcome to buy one as a gift for someone).
- Please purchase your pass or course prior to beginning your sessions. They are not retrospective for obvious reasons - credit usually costs extra!
- If you do not want to buy a pass, please turn up with enough cash to pay for the class or a credit/cash card.
Make-up classes/refunds for Casual & pre-booked Classes & courses
- Make-up classes can be arranged in 99.9% of cases provided 24 hours notice has been given regarding a missed class, however, they are at the discretion of the teacher - not obligatory.
- It may not be possible to find a make-up option that suits but all classes/courses have been discounted in return for your commitment.
- Cost is for the whole "item" and not an amount to be divided between the amount of classes in a session.
- Any available make-up classes need to be done more or less within the time frame of that particular course session and no more than two per person per session unless there are specific circumstances. Again, an online link to a class can be provided for seven days.
- Unless there are other specific, unforeseen circumstances such as serious illness or a serious injury that prevents mobility for a very long time, payment for courses is not refundable once a course begins. You can arrange for someone to take your place (from week one only) or it may be that you will need to postpone until your health returns.
- Regular, on-going students who know they will only make three or so classes in a session are welcome to discuss with me rather than opting to miss the entire session.
- Courses need to be paid for BEFORE the session begins. At my discretion, I might be able to organise a payment plan involving two or three payments.
- If you committed to a number of classes and paid for them upfront - which means you got a discount - there will be no credit given for classes that you did not come to unless your absence was due to Covid, Influenza, injury or serious and unavoidable unforeseen circumstances.
Private & Corporate Classes
- All private and corporate classes must be booked and paid for in advance. If, for some reason, the class cannot go ahead at that time, 48 hours notice is required in order that the class / session can be rescheduled, otherwise the fee will stand regardless of whether the session takes place.
- If private or corporate classes have been purchased as a "block" in return for a discount, each class must be organised and scheduled within four months. If a class time needs to be re-scheduled, 48 hours notice is required otherwise the fee for that session will be forfeited.
SAFETY & CONSIDERATION
- If you want to learn and practise things that are not relevant, suitable or safe for the majority of attendees - such as headstands, handstands, backflips and other acrobatics - then for safety reasons, either arrange for a private session, go somewhere else or stay at home if you cannot follow the class as it is.
- Unfortunately, in very rare cases, people may be asked not to return if they:
- Consistently emit a strong odour;
- Chat or commentate through every class, check their phone, leave it on;
- Take dangerous risks that may eventuate in them hurting themselves or others;
- Find it difficult to be respectful; for example, turning up week after week late or without having paid for a session.
- It is really important that you understand the nature of the Vinyasa-Krama style before turning up or booking in. You must be able to get up and down off the floor reasonably quickly, as well as being able to do things like get in and out of bed and walk up and down stairs with ease.
- These classes are GROUP sessions. They are GENERAL and of course offer GENERAL therapeutic benefits for MOST people. However, you are unlikely to receive special attention. Yoga therapy sessions for specific needs are extremely useful but only available one-on-one.
- If you have not thought about your body for a while, you may find it takes a few weeks for the mind/body connection (somatic awareness) to kick back in. You might find it difficult at first to interpret the verbal and visual instructions. Be patient and careful, but please do not give up. This is a valuable part of the practice that will serve you health-wise. Body/mind awareness offers you immense tools for understanding, self-healing and avoiding non-serious ailments.